October 11, 2013

The Goblin War

The Goblin War was a great ending to the series, but for me left something to be desired. I realize that these books are aimed at a younger audience, but Bell set up two different potential couples and then left us slightly hanging. Rather unsatisfying. I wanted the love scenes I had waited two books for!

A definite plus about this book was the amount of action. In The Goblin Gate I said I didn't think a lot happened. Well in this book, lots happened. So that was nice.

What was satisfying was the interaction between Cogswallop and the Heirarch. The resolution of the war between the humans and Goblins was actually quite awesome. The interactions with the barbarians, however, were at the same time satisfying and not. On one hand, we got to learn a lot more about them, but it wasn't exactly as exciting as I had hoped.


I would give this book a 3.5, mostly because I thought the dealing with the barbarians could have been way more exciting. Their demise felt rather anti-climactic. Buy for the series overall I would give a 4. Book one really was fantastic. One of the better books I have read recently.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Leave the Bookworm a Message: