October 2, 2013

The Dawn Star

The Dawn Star was every bit as exciting as I hoped it would be. Plus, look at the cover! I love the cover art on these books. Just so fantastic! We get the continuation of Cobalt and Mel’s story line, which was perfect because I really liked them as characters.

One of the things I love best about Mel and Cobalt is that neither is perfect. Together they temper each other, making each other stronger, but apart they are not as strong, and Cobalt wants to ravage every kingdom in sight. I think my favorite part of this book was when Mel was kidnapped. She is chained in a cell and focuses her power just enough to free herself. It was fantastic. And then, because Cobalt thinks she is dead, he goes into a tornado of rage and starts conquering nearby countries. It was so beautiful, his love for her.

This book is another five stars, I enjoyed it a great deal. Thank goodness there are more books in the series to read!!

No comments :

Post a Comment

Leave the Bookworm a Message: