October 16, 2013

Lover Awakened

I'll be honest, I was pretty excited for this book. It’s the story of Zhadist…and of all the brothers he was my favorite. Quiet, intense, scarred, angry at the world. But there is a tender heart lurking under there…I knew it.

In Lover Awakened we learn about Zhadist’s back story. I think this was the only part of the book I hated. The terrible, terrible past he had to be rescued from? He was a sex slave. For serious?! You are this giant hulking thing of a vampire, could you not when you were alone with this crazy woman...kill her and run away?! It wasn’t like he had Stockholmes…he hated her, and wasn’t turned on by her, and…just run away!

But the vulnerability it creates in him for the present day is “awww” worthy. It was almost painful at times to watch Zhadist struggling to be with Bella. He really wants to love her, but doesn’t feel worthy. And he wants to be intimate with her, but it just brings back the awful memories. But Bella is an angel, and she helps him get through it. I loved their relationship. It was beautiful.


This book definitely gets 4 and a half stars. Even though I didn’t really think the back story was very realistic, I highly enjoyed the present story between Bella and Zhadist. Emotionally thrilling and way passionate. It was a delight to read.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Leave the Bookworm a Message: