October 16, 2013

Lover Eternal

This is the second book in the series. So good…and yet so bad. Seriously. This series has a HUGE cult following. Women go crazy for these men. I…don’t get it. I find them hot, but clichĂ© to the max and vastly unrealistic. And because of that element I cannot go gif-crazy and freaking out about how much I love these brothers…which is what you will encounter if you go look these books up on Goodreads. You think I kidd…I really don’t. Those pages are INSANE.

But I swear, I’m enjoying them! Much to my surprise. In this book we get the love story of Rhage. Basically Rhage is cursed to turn into a dragon when he loses control. Cool? Kinda…not really. Basically it is just a vehicle to prevent the main characters from having sex, and thus create more sexual tension. Too blatant for my tastes.

Also, the dialogue drives me NUTS. The way these “brothers” talk to each other makes me cringe. No one refers to a close friend as “my brother” unless you are a stereotypical surfer dude or hippy. These vamps…are not.

Honestly, I didn’t like Rhage and Mary as much as Beth and Wrath. The whole dragon thing irritated me and complicated matters to ridiculous measures. Like when Rhage had to go out and have sex with someone else so he could go back and have sex with Mary while keeping the beast down. I’m sorry…how is that romantic? Yeah. It’s not.


While I did enjoy this book, I did not enjoy it as much as the first book. So it get three and a half stars.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Leave the Bookworm a Message: