October 10, 2013

The Goblin Gate

I knew I had to read this book after finishing The Goblin Wood, which I read on day 18. I was a bit disappointed that the protagonist of The Goblin Gate was Jeriah. I didn’t really like him in the first book. Though I liked him better in this book, it irritated me that he was always whining about getting his brother back. Whining to people about it isn’t going to convince them to change their minds about helping you. Convince them without whining.

We do get to see more of Makenna and Tobin in the Otherworld, but things are not going well. The Otherworld is slowly killing them. And apparently the Otherworld is somehow tied to the barbarians? I cannot wait to see how that will play out in book three.

Not much happened in this book to push the story forward though. We do find out things like Lazare has been drugging the Heirarch, and Lazare is finally defeated (aka killed), and Jeriah makes friends with the Goblins and changes his mind…kind of… about how he feels about them. But the big plot points which were introduced in the first book were no addressed. Nothing further was advanced about the barbarians. That is to say we learned nothing new, not that they were not mentioned. They were. Makenna’s search for a safe place for the Goblins still has not been successful.


I give this book a 4 of 5. While I enjoyed it, I did not enjoy it nearly as much as I did the first book. I will be reading book three tomorrow though, and I cannot wait to see how it ends. Cannot wait to learn more about the barbarians!

No comments :

Post a Comment

Leave the Bookworm a Message: