November 16, 2013

Hana Kimi Vol 9

Today was volume nine of Hana Kimi. Unfortunately, this one was a bit slow. I was warned I probably wouldn’t like it as much, but I can’t skip volumes! A reminder of what the fluff manga criteria are: Do I enjoy the art? Does the plot line have sufficient action to keep me interested? Is there a sufficiently squeal-worthy love story? General silliness and frivolity?

Did I enjoy the art?

Of course!

Does the plot line have sufficient action to keep me interested?

More of that random photographer guy…I can just imagine the troubles he or his photos will create in future books! Then there was this whole plot that had to do with a teacher framing Nakastu for cheating…which I was not interested in at all. I like Nakastu, but not serious Nakastu. I like him when he is freaking out about how he is in love with Mizuki…and how that must make him gay. The whole plot was supremely boring minus the Sakura Committee saving the day in their nice black, matching uniforms. That was pretty cool.

Is there a sufficiently squeal-worthy love story?

Definitely not enough squeal worthy stuff in this volume. Need. More.

General silliness and frivolity?

No :/ My usual source of giggles (Nakastu) was being all serious because he was being framed by the teacher.


This manga scored 2/4. Hoping there is more development of the love story between Mizuki and Sano next volume.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Leave the Bookworm a Message: