April 28, 2014

Winterling

This is a book I read during Dewey's 24 Hour Read-a-thon!

I really enjoyed this book. It is very juvenile, good for elementary and middle school readers, but I still enjoyed it. Fer was a likeable heroine, brave and yet she grows throughout the book, becoming more herself. It was a good coming of age story. Plus there was magic! Magic makes everything better.

Is it just me or does the cover look like a modern version of Anna?  (from Frozen)

On another note…I was severely saddened because so many elements of this book echo that of a book I currently am writing. I HATE when that happens. It looks like I copied Sarah Prineas’s work…and truly I did not.
On the other hand, obviously I liked reading it because it was the kind of stuff I liked to read/write!
Four stars for this short and sweet fantasy novel!

No comments :

Post a Comment

Leave the Bookworm a Message: