December 15, 2013

To Catch a Pirate

Yo ho, Yo ho, a pirate’s life for me!

I honestly didn’t expect this book to be as good as it was. I expected plates and plates of cheese, clichés, tired love stories, and a predictable ending. The writing was not anything superlative, and it did end up being very Pirates of the Caribbean, but that isn’t necessarily a bad thing. After all, POTC has adventure, love, action, and pirates. What’s not to love?

I think my favorite part about the book was the dual POV. We get to see the world from both Annalisa and James’ eyes. Not that this is unique to this story, multiple POV is rather overdone in stories at the moment, but both were interesting characters and I liked seeing both sides’ contribution to the story.

The character I could have lived without was the one I most related to Commodore Norington, Nathanial. The only part I really appreciated him was when he reveals that he has been using Annalisa. You have some balls Nathanial… *cough* …cannon balls, of course.

James and Annalisa’s romance was sweet. Very YA, but sweet none-the-less.


For those who love to don pirate garb and sail the high seas in search of treasure and a lady true, this book is for you! 4 stars to this delight of a pirate story!

No comments :

Post a Comment

Leave the Bookworm a Message: