December 9, 2013

Bewitching

I have mixed feelings about this book. Not having read Beastly (though I have seen the movie) or any other of Alex Flinn’s books, this was my introduction to her writing.

Parts of this story interested me, and parts didn’t. Kendra’s witchy-origin story was riveting. I’ll repeat that again because it is worth it. RIVETTING. But then we switch to present day, to Lisette and Emma’s story, a re-telling of Cinderella. This story bored me. Then Flinn returns us to Kendra and I almost jumped for joy, we were back to an exciting plot! Only, no. She merely goes on and on about various famous points in history of which she was a part. RELEVANCE?! At this point I was so frustrated and completely done with caring about the story.


I really wish Kendra’s first story had been published alone, because that beauty deserved 5 stars. The rest of the book, however, deserved 2.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Leave the Bookworm a Message: