December 17, 2013

Firebird

I think Firebird is one of the only Sci-Fantasy genre books I have read. Technically it should be classified as Sci-Fi as it is futuristic and takes place in space and on different planets, but it felt more…fantasy to me with the magical qualities people possess and Lady Firebird being noble, thus Science-Fantasy.

I loved how Tyers uses music in this world. I think that was one of my favorite parts of the story. As a musician, music in books always makes me feel a special bond to the book.

The love story was fragile, flawed, but lovely to read. Firebird was an interesting, complex character. And the plot was sometimes predictable, but then there were a few twists I did not see coming.


This book was quite enjoyable, and deserves 3.5 stars.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Leave the Bookworm a Message: