August 21, 2014

Bout of Books 11 Update


Bout of Books

 
Monday
Books Read: 1
Pages Read: 364
Total number of books read: 1
Total number of pages read: 364
Thoughts: I read the Looking Glass Wars today; click on the link to view the review.

Tuesday
Books Read:2
Pages Read: 624
Total number of books read: 3
Total number of pages read: 988
Thoughts: I read The Dark Hills Divide and The Key to Rondo.  I enjoyed them both; click on the links to go to the reviews.

Wednesday
Books Read: 2
Pages Read: 725
Total number of books read: 5
Total number of pages read: 1713
Thoughts: Today I read The Bad Beginning and Grave Mercy.  I enjoyed them both, but Grave Mercy is absolutely the best book I have read thus far.  Ah-May-zing.  Click on the links to go to the reviews.
Thursday
Books Read: 
Pages Read:
Total number of books read:
Total number of pages read:
Thoughts:
Contests:
   

Friday
Books Read: 
Pages Read:
Total number of books read:
Total number of pages read:
Thoughts:
Contests:
 
 Saturday
Books Read: 
Pages Read:
Total number of books read:
Total number of pages read:
Thoughts:
Contests:
Sunday
Books Read: 
Pages Read:
Total number of books read:
Total number of pages read:
Thoughts:
Contests:

As a reminder, these are my goals:

Goal One:
Read.  I sometimes get a bit obsessive about my other hobbies- currently I am drowning in fabric.  This is the perfect excuse to put away my projects and read.  
Goal Two:
Read early.  I have a terrible habit of NOT reading because I am worried about reading too much (as if that actually was a thing…). When I was reading a book a day I would start the book immediately when I got home from work so I finished it around 9 or 10pm.  This way I could go to bed at a reasonable hour.  If I start a book at bedtime there will not BE a bedtime…
Goal Three:
Read for fun! Not really an actual goal.  I love reading, so most reading is fun.  But I have a bunch of books here I have always wanted to read but just never set aside the time to actually DO it.  I’m excited to have the excuse now.
Goal Four:
Get one other person to join me on at least one of the days.  I have three potential people whom I have recruited for this task. 
One- my mother.  My mom has always been the Oprah’s List kinda woman.  But recently she has strayed into the YA magical realm.  She enjoyed Divergent, loves Twilight and the Host, the Hunger Games…basically all books I think are ehhhhh, but still progress!  I gave her a list of books to read.  Mostly she has only vaguely liked them, but next up is The Emperor’s Soul by Brandon Sanderson.  It’s Sanderson.  How could she possibly dislike it?  I am hoping she will sit down and read with me one night.
Two and Three- Two and Three are very dear friends who adore reading as much (maybe more) as I do.   We used to have a book club where we would discuss books together.  This has fallen apart, much to my sadness, but I am hoping we can get on Hangout to discuss some of the stuff we have read this week.  I also would like to feature a book review of theirs on my blog at one point…maybe this week!
Goal Five:
Read six books.  I know I am way too busy to have kept up the book a day thing, but still I am very sad that I was not able to keep up my goal of 364 books in a year.  So to honor that, I would like to stretch for at least six books.  Hopefully seven to complete the week, but life happens, so I am going to make the minimum six.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Leave the Bookworm a Message: