March 19, 2014

Crown of Midnight

First of all, I would like to apologize for not updating in a while!! I promise I have been reading, I just have been neglecting to blog about the books :/

I read this book a while ago, but wanted to make sure I posted about it because of my violent reaction to it. Seriously, Crown of Midnight is the best book I have read this year. This may eventually be overshadowed by the brilliance of The Words of Radiance, but as I have not yet finished reading it, Crown of Midnight still has that distinction.

For some of you who read my blog often, you will remember that I read book one a while back. I had heard wonderful things about it, and I enjoyed it, though I did not enjoy the love triangle. This caused me to give the books 4 stars, which is still high, but not what I had expected to give it.

This book blew me away. With hurricane winds and tornado spirals. I think I may have seen Dorothy and the Witch of the West while being carried away. I was carried to the clouds, smashed on the ground, and then crawled out of the wreckage…grinning. And crying a tiny bit inside too.

From approximately page 1.5 this was me…

For fear of ruining the twists and turns of this book, I will not reveal anything about it. But I will advocate that everyone from YA, New Adult, and Adult reading genres who enjoy fantasy should read this series. NOW.

I award this fantastic, mind-blowing book five stars. But only because one cannot have a physical representation of 6 stars out of 5. Because that is what I would like to award it. Because it’s bloody brilliant.


Now go and devour Crown of Midnight. You can thank me later ;)

Have you read this book? Let me know what you thought of it!!

1 comment :

  1. Yes! <3 What a rollercoaster of a book :) And I'm excited to see you're posting again!!

    ReplyDelete

Leave the Bookworm a Message: