October 31, 2014

Quest for the Red Sapphire



 -This book was given to me in return for an honest review-


Quest for the Red Sapphire is a High Fantasy novel that fans of Lord of the Rings will love.  With the help of a small band, Linvin starts out on a quest to find the mythical Red Sapphire in the hope that they can prevent it from being used for nefarious purposes.

On such a quest there surely must be shenanigans barring the way to the goal.  And there were many, many bumps along the way, which just made this book more exciting!

I loved the story, but wasn’t crazy about the writing style.  I call this the Tolkien Problem. 

I’ll explain because that makes no sense.

Like Tolkien’s works I loved the story and the world- it was fantastic and grand and exciting.  The writing, like Tolkien’s, was a bit antiquated and at times slowed the story down a bit.  I tend to have a hard time maintaining interest with such language.  

That isn’t to say that it wasn’t well written, it was- really well written.  The language itself was beautiful.  There were some awesome lines, but I had too many favorites to post them all here.

If you enjoy Tolkien’s writing style and are looking for another good fantasy- this is your book!

No comments :

Post a Comment

Leave the Bookworm a Message: