December 10, 2013

The Immortal

Before I start this review, I just want to say I LOVE Christopher Pike. His Last Vampire Series consumed my middle school days. It killed me that the library did not have the entire series. But they did have this book. So I read it then, and I have read it again. I still love Christopher Pike.

The Immortal is about a Greek goddess who is punished by being made mortal. She doesn’t have any of her memories of being a goddess, but when she finds a statue in Crete she begins to dream of a goddess.

Spoilers!

Josie ends up falling in love with a mortal guy, of course. And her mortal best friend…actually isn’t mortal! GASP! I think my favorite part of this entire book was the end, when we find out who Helen actually is. Without totally destroying the ending, the scene involves a hamburger, a decision, and glass. It still creeps me out just as much as it did the first time. If anyone has read this book, let me know what you thought of that ending!!


The Immortal is short and sweet, and obviously written in Pike’s spare time as it isn’t one of his better works, but it is a good read and it deserves 4 stars for that kick ass ending.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Leave the Bookworm a Message: