January 8, 2014

Tombs of Atuan

The Tombs of Atuan is an amazing story. The plot, the writing, the character development is all wonderful and original. Ursula le Guin is an amazing writer.

The atmosphere of this book is the greatest part. Le Guin creates this dark, overwhelming tone in the beginning of this novel which follows Tenar as we learn more about her and the Nameless Ones.

I also love how she restricts Ged’s powers. There is nothing more boring than a wizard who is all powerful. Readers like reading about characters who struggle. And boy do Tenar and Ged struggle.

The last thing I’d like to mention is the cover of this book. Isn’t it beautiful? I’m terrible, and judge books by their covers. Thank goodness this cover called to me, because it is one of the best, most interesting books I have ever read.


This is a solid 5 star book.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Leave the Bookworm a Message: